:: Re: [DNG] Devuan compared to AntiX
Top Pagina
Auteur: Steve Litt
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Devuan compared to AntiX
On Wed, 12 Aug 2015 06:19:00 -0700
Go Linux <golinux@???> wrote:

> It's unlikely I would ever install Plop but I found your DIY tut
> quite informative. Helped to demystify some things about chroot etc.
> which I now understand much better. Thanks.
>
> golinux

Hi golinux,

I'm glad it demystified some things.

You're right. Plop Linux is useful only in the context of
experimentation, and is of no use as a computer for getting anything
done.

Plop is kind of like if you took your car, removed all the sheet metal,
doors, hood, trunk, and glass, removed all the smog control, replaced
all the electronic/computer stuff with an old-school distributor, and
replaced the transmission with direct drive.

Would you drive this 5 mile per gallon Frankenstein to work? HECK no.
Would you use it to learn more about cars and experiment by plug
replacing subsystems? Yes, that's exactly what you'd use it for.

SteveT

Steve Litt
August 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting: Just the Facts
http://www.troubleshooters.com/tjust