:: [DNG] Congratulations to the Devuan…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: tilt!
A: dng
Assumpte: [DNG] Congratulations to the Devuan team
Hi,

I would like to convey my respect and appreciation to all participants,
acknowledging that Devuan GNU/Linux is in use here now as a functional
Linux Desktop which I use for tasks of software development and system
integration as well as for everyday mail, office and web stuff.

Good work! Keep it coming!

I definately look forward to vdev. Currently I try to involve myself
in testing it out a bit; it appears like a very elegant solution that
opens many interesting possibilities. I also heard that there is a
packaging effort, and I wonder how that is coming along.

I admit that in spite of issues I expressed previously on this list,
I currently use PolicyKit to enable some "administrative operations"
when using the system via XFCE4, simply because it's currently the
easiest way for me to do stuff like mounting hot-plugged disks or
managing libvirt guests.

But that clearly demonstrates the paradigm of "freedom of choice"
being successfully implemented in Devuan, where I can now freely
choose system components that serve my needs best.

Kind regards,
T.