:: Re: [DNG] Packaging (was Systemd S…
Página Principal
Autor: Go Linux
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Packaging (was Systemd Shimss, Init scripts in packages, possibly Mission Creep)

On Sun, 8/9/15, T.J. Duchene <t.j.duchene@???> wrote:

To: dng@???
Date: Sunday, August 9, 2015, 8:42 PM

> All that Devuan really needs to provide is a Debian base system without
> systemd. Everything else is secondary to that. At least, it should be.
> Everything else can be achieved by adding layers on, but that "Devuan
> base" is still needed. Worrying about Gnome, XFCE, or even X11 is
> really a secondary goal.

NOOOOO! That may be true for a sys admin but not for a lowly desktop user like me (and others). That's why I suggested earlier that Devuan provide a base system for servers and a base system for desktop users. That way no need to aggravate sys admins with a full blown desktop and 'normal' users will be happy too. Everybody wins that way.

golinux