:: Re: [DNG] non-systemd Linux for new…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Joel Roth
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] non-systemd Linux for newbies with good migration tool?
Isaac Dunham wrote:
> LXDE is close to the classic interface, but so is IceWM (my own first
> pick for window manager.)

I like IceWM, because it's so easy to configure menus. I set up
some menus for my dad, that he's been using unchanged
for a decade.

The biggest problem was setting a larger cursor, and even
the larger one I did find is barely big enough for him to
see.

(As another example of an accessibility pet peeve: on the
huge back panel my wife's iMac, the logos for MIC and
HEADPHONES are vanishingly tiny. Who are they developing
for? Not someone older or working in dim light!)

Not sure how that translates into a good default for Devuan,
but I vote for the principle of least twitchiness. Since
any default cannot satisfy everyone, something that
satisfies the lowest common denominator is good, inclusive
of the old and us "retards" who lag behind the ever
advancing curve of bloodened early adopters.

Cheers,

Joel

--
Joel Roth