:: Re: [DNG] Devuan compared to AntiX
Top Pagina
Auteur: Isaac Dunham
Aan: Robert Storey
CC: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Devuan compared to AntiX
On Sun, Aug 09, 2015 at 10:13:45AM +0800, Robert Storey wrote:
[snip]
> My next review will probably be about Void Linux. Jesse wrote a very brief
> review of Void a few months ago, in which he basically said it didn't run
> on his machine, so he dismissed it as "not ready." That was actually a
> piss-poor review. I'm particularly interested in Void since there is a
> version that runs on the Raspberry Pi 2. The main OS for the Raspberry Pi
> is Raspbian, which is essentially Debian, now infected with systemd. Since
> I'm a fan of the Raspberry Pi, I definitely want to see another distro
> available for it that is systemd-free. There is also FreeBSD for the Pi,
> though I understand it is very much a work in progress, but I'm interested
> in anything not systemd so I'll keep it on the back burner.
>
> Other suggestions for non-systemd software are welcome. The main criteria
> is that it actually has to be something useful, something that I might
> install and use daily. Thus, far-out stuff like Minix is not a
> consideration, even if it's fun to play with.

Try Alpine Linux (alpinelinux.org).
Install docs are here:
http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Installation

I use it as my everyday system, though the limited compatability with
standard (glibc) binaries may be problematic for you.

Quick tips that will probably save a little trouble:
-the package manager is "apk"; it's somewhere between dpkg and apt.
Basic subcommands are
update        update repository indexes)
upgrade        upgrade packages
info        show info about a specified package
add        install a package (and add it to /etc/apk/world)
fix        install the version of a package that's in the repos;
        all modified files are replaced.
del        remove package
search        search for a package (by regex); with -d, search description

-If you use the installer to install to the hard drive, it wipes everything.
I use the chroot install method; if you're comfortable with debootstrap,
that should be fine.

-make sure to install a kernel (linux-vanilla | linux-grsec on x86).

-init is Busybox init, with OpenRC on top.

HTH,
Isaac Dunham