:: Re: [DNG] Systemd Shims
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Teodoro Santoni
A: Dave Turner
Cc: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Systemd Shims
G'evening,

On Sat, Aug 08, 2015 at 08:30:58PM +0100, Dave Turner wrote:
> From the look of Mark's website I was a bit disappointed not to find a link
> to www.davidicke.com!

Well... I'm fine with what I saw, I mostly don't care because his beliefs
are his own business. Yeah, even praising Ruby as the best lang is a personal belief, so transeamus. Off-topic.

> But, if the quick'n'dirty pragmatic solution is systemd shims then so be it
> as far as I am concerned.

Are we talking about systemd-shim the software by Canonical, or shims for
systemd
compatibility?
The systemd framework is a byzantine pile
of features, so I can't say for sure whether stub functions added to
init-neutral-to-be programs are hacks that
should be replaced ASAP with snippets of more unixy, maybe ad hoc components
or with calls to a uniform API, or not.
logind is very difficult to emulate for example, but sometimes
you mightnt just add stubs, ending with applications full of holes or
regressions...

--
Teodoro Santoni

Something is wrong. I don't wanna compile 20 KB of Go code to list files.