:: Re: [DNG] Devuan compared to AntiX
Góra strony
Autor: Steve Litt
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] Devuan compared to AntiX
On Sat, 8 Aug 2015 06:26:40 -0500
Thaddeus Nielsen <thaddeus.nielsen@???> wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Aug 2015 15:02:07 +0800
> Robert Storey <robert.storey@???> wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone. It's been a little while since I last posted.
> >
> > Some of you might remember that I occasionally write reviews for
> > DistroWatch. Not too often, because it's my policy to only write
> > about a distro that I actually use (or would use) in everyday life.
> > Ever since systemd starting contaminating Linux, the number of
> > distros I consider usable has been drastically reduced.
> >
> > Until a few months ago I was using Ubuntu 14.04, but finally
> > dropped it. The replacement was Manjaro OpenRC, which is pretty
> > good but has a little systemd contamination from dbus or udev (not
> > sure of the details). I wrote a DistroWatch of Manjaro-OpenRC which
> > you can view here:
> >
> > http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20150601#manjaro
> >
> > As you might have guessed from the title of this thread, the next
> > review I hope to write will be about AntiX. I just installed it
> > yesterday and I'm using it right now. All things considered, it's
> > very nice and functionally equivalent to Manjaro-OpenRC. The author
> > of AntiX, Anticapitalista, says that there are no systemd libraries
> > or systemd-shim in AntiX. The following command produces zero
> > output:
> >
> > dpkg --get-selections | grep systemd
> >
> > So my big question here: in what ways will Devuan differ from
> > AntiX? I'm guessing that vdev will be part of the answer, but
> > surely there is more. I think that the DistroWatch readership will
> > be interested, and any thoughts that you all have along these longs
> > will be greatly appreciated. I will try to incorporate the best
> > informed comments into the review, in the hopes of piquing
> > interested in both Devuan and AntiX.
> >
> > Thank you all in advance,
> > - Robert
>
> I installed antiX on my wife's old machine about five weeks ago.
> Though I obtain the same results as you when using your dpkg command,
> I get different results when I simply run locate systemd. You might
> want to try that before writing your review. RPTN

The following is what I got on a Qemu VM installed Void Linux with LXDE
and no lightdm or any other kind of desktop mangler:

http://dpaste.com/1H8BMND

======================================
[root@voidlinux ~]# updatedb
[root@voidlinux ~]# locate systemd
/usr/lib/systemd
/usr/lib/systemd/system
/usr/lib/systemd/system/wacom-inputattach@.service
[root@voidlinux ~]#

SteveT

Steve Litt
July 2015 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21