:: Re: [DNG] Unmingling kdbus and the …
Top Pagina
Auteur: Rainer Weikusat
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Unmingling kdbus and the Linux kernel
"T.J. Duchene" <t.j.duchene@???> writes:
> If I might add my two cents a few days late,
>
> I really do not think that kdbus matters overly much and that people
> (including myself in the past) have assigned too much concern to the topic.
> Kdbus is little more than an implementation of dbus, which is a fairly neutral
> protocol. The concern of course is that kdbus might mean the use of
> systemd.

With a horrible mix of things, "kdbus is RedHat's AppleTalk/ SunRPC" [for
implementing highly-reliable systems distributed on a single laptop]. As
to 'use of systemd', there are things which sound like they were to fear
more seriously, ie, the stated intention of at least one kernel
maintainer (Tejun Hejo, spelling probably wrong) that he wants to "break
userspace" in order to turn cgroups "into a private property of
systemd". The latter is something which (IMO) cannot technically be
accomplished but if he actually so desires, he can surely make life very
miserable for everyone else.