:: [DNG] Devuan compared to AntiX
Góra strony
Autor: Robert Storey
Dla: dng
Temat: [DNG] Devuan compared to AntiX
Hi everyone. It's been a little while since I last posted.

Some of you might remember that I occasionally write reviews for
DistroWatch. Not too often, because it's my policy to only write about a
distro that I actually use (or would use) in everyday life. Ever since
systemd starting contaminating Linux, the number of distros I consider
usable has been drastically reduced.

Until a few months ago I was using Ubuntu 14.04, but finally dropped it.
The replacement was Manjaro OpenRC, which is pretty good but has a little
systemd contamination from dbus or udev (not sure of the details). I wrote
a DistroWatch of Manjaro-OpenRC which you can view here:

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20150601#manjaro

As you might have guessed from the title of this thread, the next review I
hope to write will be about AntiX. I just installed it yesterday and I'm
using it right now. All things considered, it's very nice and functionally
equivalent to Manjaro-OpenRC. The author of AntiX, Anticapitalista, says
that there are no systemd libraries or systemd-shim in AntiX. The following
command produces zero output:

dpkg --get-selections | grep systemd

So my big question here: in what ways will Devuan differ from AntiX? I'm
guessing that vdev will be part of the answer, but surely there is more. I
think that the DistroWatch readership will be interested, and any thoughts
that you all have along these longs will be greatly appreciated. I will try
to incorporate the best informed comments into the review, in the hopes of
piquing interested in both Devuan and AntiX.

Thank you all in advance,
- Robert