:: Re: [DNG] Unmingling kdbus and the …
Góra strony
Autor: T.J. Duchene
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] Unmingling kdbus and the Linux kernel
If I might add my two cents a few days late,

I really do not think that kdbus matters overly much and that people
(including myself in the past) have assigned too much concern to the topic.
Kdbus is little more than an implementation of dbus, which is a fairly neutral
protocol. The concern of course is that kdbus might mean the use of systemd.

I personally do not believe that we have cause for concern. Linux is used in
many areas were the use of systemd simply is not appropriate, such as embedded
Linux devices. As long as there are commercial interests funding Linux
developers in providing a working version of the kernel sans systemd, then we
have nothing to worry about.

I don't think that Linus T. is going to let kdbus into the kernel mainline
anytime soon, and if he does, it will remain optional.

Thanks
T.J.