:: Re: [DNG] Init scripts in packages
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Edward Bartolo
À: Miles Fidelman
CC: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Init scripts in packages
Simplification of init scripts can be done by replacing them with a
text file containing the following:
a) preliminary logic tests to verify whether daemon can be started
b) command to start daemon together with parameters
c) command to stop daemon with parameters if applicable

Only two lines will do as init scripts have essentially always the
same skeleton. Basically, they are some preliminary logic tests
followed by a case statement.

A generic executable can do execute these the above following the same
skeleton as init scripts. 'a' can be done away with if daemon
dependency management is somehow provided.