To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] Init scripts in packages
Alexey Rochev wrote
> *Date: *2015-08-05 07:29 -400
> *To: *dng
> *Subject: *[DNG] Init scripts in packages
> Currently Debian packages contains both systemd units and init scripts.
> However, Debian developers refused to support several init systems. So
> it's
> only a matter of time when they remove init scripts from packages.
> What will Devuan developers do when it happens? We can use sysvinit and
> Devuan because these init scripts exist.

It occurs to me that nobody raised the obvious questions:

1. Are we seeing upstream developers shipping systemd scripts, or
systemd scripts w/o sysv init scripts? I'm not sure I have.
2. What the heck are Debian developers (packagers, actually), doing
removing init scripts?

Me, I've been installing key packages from upstream sources for years -
avoids having to deal with out-of-date packages and such. (The basic
environment is certainly easier to install and maintain via apt - but
key production packages, hell no.)

Miles Fidelman

In practice, there is. .... Yogi Berra