:: Re: [DNG] Init scripts in packages
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Daniel Reurich
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] Init scripts in packages
On 05/08/15 23:29, Alexey Rochev wrote:
> Currently Debian packages contains both systemd units and init
> scripts. However, Debian developers refused to support several init
> systems. So it's only a matter of time when they remove init scripts
> from packages. What will Devuan developers do when it happens? We can
> use sysvinit and Devuan because these init scripts exist.

Debian will likely either cease to exist or just have become a rebranded
Fedora by the time that happens, so Devuan will likely have forked those
packages anyway. Besides, once init-scripts have been written and
proven they require very little maintenance so it' unlikely packages
will drop the init-scripts soon.

--
Daniel Reurich
Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Ltd.