著者: Anto
To: Isaac Dunham
CC: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] Keeping mailing list alive - A question about error on re-compiling package

On 02/08/15 08:13, Isaac Dunham wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 01, 2015 at 02:12:54PM +0200, Anto wrote:
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> I don't usually get answers on this kind of basic questions, so I post it to
>> keep the mailing list alive.
>>
>> I am trying to re-compile a package that I took from Debian sid. And I got
>> the following error.
> See www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#beprecise ;)
> If you want an answer, tell us which package.

Thanks Isaac,

I don't post basic questions very often as I can mostly find the answers
by searching the internet and trying myself to solve them base on the
hints mentioned on similar problems. But if I am stuck, I usually try to
ask them as specific and detail as possible in a long boring email like
https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20150607.154320.b31195f0.en.html.

I want to switch off one of my VPS' by end of this year as I am not
happy with the provider. It has been idle and doing nothing in the last
2 months as there is no application running on it after I clean
installed it due to the problem that the provider made. Instead of
restoring the backup, I moved all applications to my other VPS. Before
the contract expire, I thought I better try to use it to host electrum
server (https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum-server) for myself which I
have never done before. But I am stuck in re-compiling
https://packages.debian.org/sid/bitcoind which is required for that.

>> dh common-install-prehook-arch --parallel --with autotools-dev --with
>> autoreconf --with bash-completion
>> dh: Unknown sequence common-install-prehook-arch (choose from: binary
>> binary-arch binary-indep build build-arch build-indep clean install
>> install-arch install-indep)
>> make: *** [common-install-prehook-arch] Error 255
>> dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot debian/rules binary gave error exit
>> status 2
>>

>> There is no "common-install-prehook-arch" either in the source package or
>> the debian directory itself. So I am not sure why the debian/rules picks
>> that up. Searching the internet also does not give me hints on what causing
>> that. Could anybody please give me some suggestions where to look at?
> Do you mean no such *file*, or no such *string*?
> If the former, see if you can find that string in debian/rules.

I did "grep -R common-install-prehook-arch *" or "grep -R prehook *" on
bitcoin-0.11.0 directory, but it found nothing. I also manually checked
the debian/rules.

> Also, google suggests that this has something to do with cdbs; make sure
> that's installed.

Yes. I also thought that was related to cdbs package. The one installed
was from wheezy repository. But I still get the same error after I
upgraded that.

anto@hp8530w:~$ apt-cache policy cdbs
cdbs:
   Installed: 0.4.130