:: Re: [DNG] automount, mount, and USB…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Steve Litt
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] automount, mount, and USB sticks
On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 18:41:36 +0200
Laurent Bercot <ska-devel@???> wrote:

> I know the advantages of the daemon approach, I use it myself and
> advocate it any chance I get. Unfortunately, I have found that many
> users are reluctant to add yet another daemon to their systems, no
> matter how few resources it takes, no matter how big a security hole
> it plugs.

And certainly there's a certain humor to the preceding paragraph, as
anyone who has performed:

systemctl list-dependencies default.target

I don't remember the exact syntax of the command, but the list of
daemons rivals War and Peace in length. How a person using a system
like this could object to another daemon is beyond me.

SteveT

Steve Litt
July 2015 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21