:: Re: [DNG] automount, mount, and USB…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: tilt!
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] automount, mount, and USB sticks
Hi Steve,

Steve Litt wrote on 29/07/2015 at 15:35 CEST:
> On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 10:21:37 +0200
>> Steve Litt wrote on 29/07/2015 at 06:25 CEST:
>>> [...]
>>> Meanwhile, as far as I can see, their entanglement with
>>> polkit does nothing more than my idea about sudo.
>>> Does anyone see any reason why polkit should be assumed
>>> more secure than sudo?
>>
>> I don't know about polkit, but sudoers(5) is a mess,
>
> This is exactly my point. Every last problem of sudo is taken
> seriously, while everyone seems to give polkit a pass.

I am not everyone :-D and polkit gets no pass from me,
I just don't have it installed, because it more tends to
get in my way more than to solve problems I actually have.

I just fail to accept sudo as a superior alternative.

The trouble is not so much with the way sudo is configured
(I've seen worse), but with the fact that it privileges
users' *commandlines*, which, at least for this specific
application (to perform mounting) I consider a useless and
potentially harmful indirection.

I am certain there is a way of solving this "automounting
problem" (if I may call it that) cleanly, without the use
of either of them. :-)

Kind regards,
T.