:: Re: [DNG] automount, mount, and USB…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Didier Kryn
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] automount, mount, and USB sticks
Le 29/07/2015 14:15, Hendrik Boom a écrit :
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 10:08:56AM +0200, Didier Kryn wrote:
>> Le 28/07/2015 21:17, Hendrik Boom a écrit :
>>> Once, an icon for the device would appear on my screen that I
>>> could click to mount.
>>      This feature is working very well with xfce4 on Debian Wheezy.
>> If the partitions on the USB disk are labelled, they get mountpoints
>> by the label, on /media. This is exactly the behaviour I like.
> Yes.  On wheezy.  Which does suggest that we should be able to
> resurrect old code and make it work on devual jessie.

> But I see that people are already discussing how this should happen
> using new code such as vdev.

     I understand from other posts that libudev-compat, which comes with
vdev, will suffice.

     However I think it would be better for this application to be
triggered by inotify and find information on the partitions from
libblkid. I don't really know what libudev provides; my understanding is
that it is second hand information and services, just for the sake to
provide yet another interface. Instead both inotify and libblkid are
plain Linux tools.

     Didier