:: [Libbitcoin] libbitcoin-consensus u…
Página Inicial
Autor: Eric Voskuil
Para: libbitcoin@lists.dyne.org
Assunto: [Libbitcoin] libbitcoin-consensus update
Latest updates to the server stack include a major performance upgrade
when building --with-consensus --without-openssl. libsecp256k1 is now
statically initialized within libbitcoin-consensus.

Anecdotally it's about twice as fast in full block validation than when
using openssl. And as I would expect, it's about the same as
--without-consensus (i.e. using our native consensus checks). In other
words there's no longer a performance trade-off when using
--with-consensus (if you use --without-openssl).

Additionally there is no longer consensus risk when using
--without-openssl, since the BIP66 threshold has been surpassed.

There are no changes to consensus files or the interface, so I'll
reversion this as a "patch" release and tag the update with the pending
libbitcoin v2.10 and corresponding client and server v2.2 updates.