:: Re: [DNG] automount Was: Re: A bet…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Jaromil
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] automount Was: Re: A better default windows manager
On Mon, 27 Jul 2015, Svante Signell wrote:
> On Sun, 2015-07-26 at 23:17 -0500, T.J. Duchene wrote:
> > If I might say so, I HATE automount. Click to mount is fine, but
> > automounting peripheral drives like jump drives, CDs and whatnot is an
> > inexcusable security risk, in my opinion, even under a UNIX.
>
> Couldn't agree more!

me too...

> > On Sun, Jul 26, 2015 at 10:18 PM, Steve Litt
> > <slitt@???> wrote:
> >         You can roll your own automount with one day's work using
> >         inotify-wait, dmesg, sudo, lsblk, and the mount command.
> >         Works without X or window manager. Heck, I'll do it myself
> >         if more than 20 people want it.

> Count me in, now we are three wanting it, including yourself.

worth mentioning here, in relation to the "sudo and mount" deps above,
that 'pmount' the perl wrapper that enables users to mount devices
without root is left unmaintained, last release tagget 0.9.99-alpha
https://alioth.debian.org/projects/pmount

I think is worthed reviving esp. because it allows users to loop-mount
iso files, something that is not possible via 'user' option in fstab

ciao