:: Re: [DNG] GTK (was Will there be a …
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Jaromil
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] GTK (was Will there be a MirDevuan "WTF"?)

On Sat, 25 Jul 2015, Roger Leigh wrote:

> And later they made an incompatible break with GtkBuilder with then
> with GTK+3, which was the final straw in dropping GTK+ for good.

the glitches you mention and some others were coming up in my experience
and this nonchalance in breaking backward compatibility and dropping old
standards (sounds familiar eh) made me also orientate in other
directions when coding. Even the JVM is better in these regards,
especially if Java resources are used via Clojure, one of the Lisp
dialects I love the most.

GTK's final straw for me has been the Unity desktop dropping support for
gtk-tray applications: they went making yet another "standard" for it...

ciao