:: Re: [DNG] GTK (was Will there be a …
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Jaromil
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] GTK (was Will there be a MirDevuan "WTF"?)
On Fri, 24 Jul 2015, Roger Leigh wrote:

> >>I imagine the reason why Glib was written in C is because binding to
> >>other languages is easier with C than C++.
> >>
> >I expect so. C is fairly straightforward.
>
> This was certainly the original intent. But having used the bindings,
> my experience was that they were of wildly variable quality, had
> varying degrees of wrapper coverage, and some were not exactly usable.
> All in all, the number of production quality bindings could be counted
> on one hand with some fingers to spare. Maybe it's improved since I
> last looked.

I share most of the criticism to GTK in this thread. I think the best
thing it really produced was glade/libglade, but then is it worthed?

personally a fan of FLTK which I really recommend, worthed mentioning in
this thread I guess.

ciao