:: Re: [DNG] Multi-seat on Devuan, do…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: tilt!
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] Multi-seat on Devuan, do we actually need that useless curiosity?
Hi,

T.J. Duchene wrote on 23/07/2015 at 21:35 CEST:
> [...]
> UNIX was designed from the beginning to be a multi-user system. That was
> entire reason in creating it, actually.  The concept of "multi-seat" as
> a feature is being able to login and allow multiple users to use the
> same hardware independently. A lot of people would argue that Linux
> already does this, and you don't need a framework for it.  I know this
> and they know it.  It's true.    The Linux multi-seat  software provides
> a framework for the easy setup of hotplug devices, X11 logins,
> permissions, and other things that need to be done to easily provide
> access to more than one user. [...]

To me, "multi-seat" is a marketing term, because beyond the requirement
that there are mulitple seats involved (which makes sense if multiple
users are involved who are in a seated posture), it does not specify
much.

Kind regards,
T.