:: Re: [DNG] Multi-seat on Devuan, do…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Teodoro Santoni
To: T.J. Duchene
CC: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] Multi-seat on Devuan, do we actually need that useless curiosity?
Good morning,

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 11:39:23PM -0500, T.J. Duchene wrote:
>[snip]
>Multi-seat logins are very useful in situations where users do not understand how to run X11 applications with different user permissions. It is an easy mechanism that is familiar to users from other systems coming over to Linux. You don't have to have it installed on your copy, but having an option is not a bad thing.

May you expand with an example? I'm truly curious about this argument.
Prior this day, I just thought it was a nonsense excuse to create an entire
bizantine framework (CK, PolK) to impede me to shut off my machine from inside
X. I'm not trolling.
If you deem it useful, it probably is, so I wish to learn more about
multi-seat logins.
I thank you and anybody who will spend some time educating me about this argument.

--
Teodoro Santoni

Something is wrong. I don't wanna compile 20 KB of Go code to list files.