:: [DNG] systemd in the era of hotplug…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Oz Tiram
À: dng
Sujet: [DNG] systemd in the era of hotplugable devices
One argument I hear often about systemd is that it more adapted to current
hardware needs, [e.g. here][1]

> Computers changed so much that they often doesn’t even look like
> computers. And their operating systems are very busy : GPS, wireless
> networks, USB peripherals that come and go, tons of softwares and
> services running at the same time, going to sleep / waking up in a
> snap… Asking the antiquated SysVinit to manage all this is like asking
> your grandmother to twerk.

What I don't understand is how an init system manages hot pluggable
devices.
What does replacing a hot plugable disk drive it have to do with how the
system is booted?
Maybe this all done at the none init parts of systemd?

### I know this is a hot topic for some people. It is not meant to ignite a
war, rather to understand.

Please explain it to me with out flames.
[1]: http://sysadmin.tme520.net/systemd-our-songs-of-innocence/

Greetings,
Oz

---