:: [DNG] Upcoming Kali Linux 2.0 - sys…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Jaromil
À: dng
Sujet: [DNG] Upcoming Kali Linux 2.0 - systemd?

dear list,

I'm sure you heard of Kali, likely most people here still remembers
Backtrack: there was a rename along the way. This is the most popular
distro packed with penetration-testing and networking tools, Debian
based.

since a while they have been forced to switch to systemd as any other
Debian derivative, now they are approaching a 2.0 release and of course
have problems with systemd which will likely lead to some weaknesses in
an otherwise pretty well hardened distro.

See: https://bugs.kali.org/view.php?id=1871 for instance they are
experiencing problems in avoiding daemons to start at boot.

Has anyone here contacts with Kali? At Devuan we would be delighted to
work with them to make it possible to have at least a systemd-free
flavor of Kali so that users don't have to struggle with the avalanche
and attack surface opened by it. Kali users are technical aware and have
solid concerns about security, I think working together to have at least
an alternative would be a win-win situation, as many Devuan developers
are also Kali users and we wouldn't have to do all this work by
ourselves then. It should be as easy as switching the source repository.

ciao

--
Jaromil, Dyne.org Software Foundry (est. 2000)
We are free to share code and we code to share freedom