:: Re: [DNG] Proposed defaults changes
Top Pagina
Auteur: Go Linux
Aan: dng, Nextime
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Proposed defaults changes
On Sun, 7/19/15, Nextime <nextime@???> wrote:

Subject: Re: [DNG] Proposed defaults changes
To: dng@???
Date: Sunday, July 19, 2015, 12:23 PM

[cut]

> The issue, for me, is that after install i have to remove nano,or at least change the
> $EDITOR env var. I don't like to find nano when i do a crontab -e or a visudo.
>
> Anyway, the solution is already established, nothing will change in jessie, for ascii a menu
> will permit to choose the default editor, vim-tiny will be installed in
> any case.
>
> --
> nextime

It's been obvious for a long time that Devuan is scratching your personal itch. Nothing wrong with that. It's what drives a lot of software development. And in fact, I envisioned the exact scenario you described of having to reset the text editor every time you installed. Must be really annoying. (Isn't there a script to automate that?) But the big picture is that Devuan is about more than just YOU! I appreciate the recent decisions that you have made regarding defaults as they provide choice for all users, not just elite sys admins. Carry on with this magnificent project!!

golinux