:: Re: [DNG] startup scripts (was dng@…
Góra strony
Autor: KatolaZ
Dla: Didier Kryn
CC: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] startup scripts (was dng@lists.dyne.org)
On Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 09:52:18AM +0200, Didier Kryn wrote:

[cut]

>      Further more, a method could be agreed on to tell the script if
> the daemon is going to be supervised or not, and we would then need
> only one script for all cases.

>     For example, providing "supervised-start" and
> "supervised-reload" in addition to the other cases could do the job.
> For safety, the scripts could check a file which tells them which
> supervisor is calling them.

>     What do you think?
>                                         Didier

How do you support init scripts for several init systems for all the
daemons that could be installed in a distro like Devuan? Who should do
this work? Who should keep things updated and synchronised to allow
the whole process to be neat and clean? Guys, if one apt-get installs
--force-yes the default editor, and things go wrong, it's not a big
issue. If we do the same on init, it's back to dice
rolling... (cit. moria).

My2Cents

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]