Προς: dng
Παλιά Θέματα: Re: [DNG] dng@lists.dyne.org
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] startup scripts (was dng@lists.dyne.org)
Le 17/07/2015 21:38, ibid.ag@??? a écrit :
>> KatolaZ:

> This is true, because supporting an init system requires every package
> that provides a daemon to work with that init system's boot scripts.
> And you can't really define a single format for boot scripts, because
> that's a fundamental part of how an init system works.

     To be clear, let's concentrate on the part of init which is the
concern: the daemon-launcher.

     I don't think things are as complex as is suggested by the comments
I have read up to now.

     There are two categories of launchers: supervisors and
non-supervisors. Similarly, I think two scripts only are needed for
every daemon: one for launching without supervision, alla sysv-init and
one for launching from a supervisor. Just two, not one per every
launcher/supervisor.

      Further more, a method could be agreed on to tell the script if
the daemon is going to be supervised or not, and we would then need only
one script for all cases.

     For example, providing "supervised-start" and "supervised-reload"
in addition to the other cases could do the job. For safety, the scripts
could check a file which tells them which supervisor is calling them.

     What do you think?
                                         Didier