:: Re: [DNG] Proposed defaults changes
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: jce
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Proposed defaults changes
On 07/17/2015 06:18 AM, Steve Litt wrote:
> Do you use joe by any chance? After Wordstar on my Kaypro 2x, I used
> Wordstar keystrokes in the Borland products for years.

joe is a much more capable editor than nano, but just as lightweight and
easy to use. It has full block select/copy/move/delete functionality.
When called with 'jstar', it has Wordstar command capability. The 'help'
keystroke is clearly marked at all times at the top of the screen. The
first thing I've always done on a new Linux install is install joe (and
mc), but to each his own.

But as far as the vi vs. nano as *default* editor thing, I think nano
would generate a lot less "how do I get out of this thing?" traffic for
devuan support.