:: Re: [DNG] devuan LTS
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Patrick Erdmann
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] devuan LTS
On 17.07.2015 11:25, Stephanie Daugherty wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 1:50 AM James Powell <james4591@???
> <mailto:james4591@hotmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     There is one thing I would recommend different that the standard
>     Debian model. Release only the right amount of packages to create a
>     working operating system under a complete installation, and dedicate
>     the rest of all packages to Debian friendly build scripts for
>     packages of the non-sequitur ranks to keep anything and everything
>     optional, as that, optional.

>     This might help other non-Linux distributions like kfreebsd and
>     killumos (Dyson) formulate strategies for packages.

>     Any thoughts on this?

I vote for staying as near as possible to debian. Keep it simple. Keep
the workload as low as possible. Let's quote Lennart Poettering:
"Systemd is open source, so if you don't like it, you can fork it!"

Just change Systemd to Devuan and you have what i want to say. Please
consider this worth thinking about... Maybe we should first have at
least one stable devuan release and then talk about minor changes...