:: [DNG] devuan LTS
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Gregory Nowak
À: dng
Sujet: [DNG] devuan LTS
Hi all,
the recent discussions here have made me think about what features I
would like devuan to have which debian doesn't currently have. One
feature that comes to mind is a long term support branch like what
ubuntu has. I think this would be great for those of us who are
running servers, and are happy with the current versions of software
we use, but would like to be able to get security upgrades for a
longer term. How long that term would be could be decided on. The
point here would be to have a stable, fairly well tested distribution
for server admins with security patches provided for a longer amount
of time than the regular stable branch of devuan.

I could of course go over to ubuntu which already has this, but don't
particularly want to. Besides, my understanding is that ubuntu plans
to move to systemd as well. Any thoughts?

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net
skype: gregn1