:: Re: [DNG] proposed changes: the res…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] proposed changes: the results
On Fri, 17 Jul 2015 04:41:13 +0200
Franco Lanza <nextime@???> wrote:

> Anyway, i propose to change this for ascii in this way:
>
> --------------------------------
> INSTALLING FROM THE INSTALLER:
> --------------------------------
>
> If you choose standard (quiet) install, you will get nano as $EDITOR
> and vim-tiny installed too.
>
> If you choose advanced install you can choose between vim-tiny, nano,
> and maybe others too. If you choose vim-tiny, you will have only
> vim-tiny. If you choose another editor, you will get the other editor
> in $EDITOR, and vim-tiny installed too for posix compatibility.
>
> -------------------------------
> INSTALLING FROM DEBOOTRAP
> ------------------------------
>
> We have two choices:
>
> 1- install just vim-tiny
> 2- install a meta package "default-editor" that let you choose like in
> the installer, having vim-tiny as default and installing it in any
> case for posix compliancy.
>
> ---------------------------
>
> For the MTA, there is already a virtual package called
> mail-transport-agent, we can make it a meta package that let you
> choose which MTA you prefer, which one will be the default to be
> discussed.
>

> All those changes are in the direction to let the user choose, and
> will be applied on ascii only AFTER the jessie release.

Is "ascii" the set of 7 bit characters where space is 32 and tilde is
127, or does it have a different context in this email?

SteveT

Steve Litt
July 2015 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21