:: Re: [DNG] systemd in wheezy, was: R…
Góra strony
Autor: James Powell
Dla: Steve Litt, dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] systemd in wheezy, was: Re: bummer
The thing about OpenEC scripts are is that they can be generalized for any distribution and work off of configuration files.

Nobody ever said any init script is supposed to be easy. Init is complex, but it is supposed to have some complexity due to the fact you are starting and stopping critical system services.

For complex services like udev it will be hell. For simpler services like cups it might not be. But init will have some level of complexity but once you have it right, you can literally baby it along.

Also eudev and udev should be interchangeable with OpenRC. I use a very custom Slackware box with OpenRC, eudev, and some other stuff, but it's not a pain.

As far as Funtoo? Funtoo is a nice system. Run either experimental or unstable for the newest stuff. Used it and loved it, but hard to figure out the 'use' arguments at times.

I just stuck with LFS+ZFS+OpenRC personally.

Sent from my Windows Phone