:: Re: [DNG] I am not using systemd an…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Clarke Sideroad
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] I am not using systemd and plan to avoid it
On 07/16/2015 07:57 AM, Miles Fidelman wrote:
> Let's not get carried away here. The poll has a rather small sample
> size, and probably not representative of the full universe of *nix
> users. Then again, distrowatch visitors are probably more
> knowledgeable users - and are probably more likely to be looking for a
> new distribution.

Agreed, an interesting sampling none the less.
It might appear that the participants and lurkers on this list are now
skewing the results.

The proportion of systemd dissatisfaction appears to growing in the
small sample.

*systemd usage*

I use systemd and like it:     648 (32%)
I use systemd and dislike it:     228 (11%)
I am not using systemd and plan to use it:     88 (4%)
I am not using systemd and plan to avoid it:     836 (42%)
Other:     208 (10%)

This is a very good, bit of advertising right there, hopefully some
bloggers will see it and run with it.
Positive or negative spin will put out a beneficial message.

There is no doubt in my mind that Devuan will have a large and probably
diverse audience very quickly upon its release.

Clarke