:: Re: [DNG] Proposed defaults changes
Góra strony
Autor: Didier Kryn
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] Proposed defaults changes
Le 15/07/2015 18:02, Klaus Ethgen a écrit :
> Even though mc is something good for beginners but debian or devuan is
> not focusing on beginners and even devuan is focusing on "veteran unix
> admins" so vi(m) would be the only proper choice.:-D

     I remember 30 years ago, there was an admin in my lab advocating
for vi. I tried to find a manual and couldn't find one. Several time I
watched the guy editing some files and was impressed by how painfull it
was to him to change a single character in a text. I have been using
emacs and emacs-like editors for 33 years I think. Of course I don't ask
to have emacs installed by default (it is huge), nor even a small emacs
clone, such as mg. If there's always vim-tiny, why are people asking to
remove nano? If the gurus use vim and dislike nano, since they are
gurus, they can change the default themselves and leave the ordinary
people with a limited but usable editor.

     Didier