:: Re: [DNG] systemd in wheezy, was: R…
Góra strony
Autor: Isaac Dunham
Dla: Rob Owens
CC: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] systemd in wheezy, was: Re: bummer
On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 03:07:46PM -0400, Rob Owens wrote:
> I am of the belief that sysvinit isn't all that bad, and I'd rather use
> it than learn something new. But I've found OpenRC relatively easy to
> understand and work with.

OpenRC actually uses sysvinit; it replaces sysv-rc (the boot script
framework) rather than init.
In terms of how you run the scripts, it's fairly interchangeable; the
most significant difference from sysv-rc is how you write the scripts,
but even that is a matter of writing shell functions rather than
case statements.

Thanks,
Isaac Dunham