:: Re: [DNG] systemd in wheezy, was: R…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Steve Litt
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] systemd in wheezy, was: Re: bummer
On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 18:45:19 +0200
Didier Kryn <kryn@???> wrote:

>      That said, I fully agree with you that udev is the major weapon
> the systemd team is using to lock themselves in the place, and
> breaking udev monopoly with vdev is the answer.

>      Didier

I did a lot of work with Gentoo over the weekend, and from my
perspective, although Gentoo inits with OpenRC, it seems to default to
udev, not eudev, and there's way to much systemd type stuff for my
taste. They even have those wonderful "Predictable Network Interface
Names" (http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PredictableNetworkInterfaceNames/).
Silly me, I thought eth0 was predictable.

I know I can get back eth0 with a kernel argument, but I'm just
illustrating how var Gentoo has gone down the systemd path.

SteveT

Steve Litt
July 2015 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21