:: Re: [DNG] Proposed defaults changes
Top Pagina
Auteur: Clarke Sideroad
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Proposed defaults changes
On 07/15/2015 11:52 AM, Steve Litt wrote:
> With the benefit of hindsight, having read everyone's responses, I now
> vote like this: When in doubt, change nothing! I'd leave well enough
> alone, and revisit this question after Devuan goes stable and we're
> planning the next version. SteveT

SteveT,

I agree.
I think that is the correct route at least for this first branch of the
fork away from Debian.

The really funny thing is the people discussing this are not the folks
who would prefer the "instructions at the bottom of the screen" nano,
although the end user majority might.
The reality is the people having the discussion might enjoy the
traditional vi vs. emacs controversy and the UNIX vs, GNU stuff, but I
think all can probably struggle with nano for a couple of minutes
editing if the defaults don't work to pick a network connection, maybe
edit the sources.list and then at the command prompt type "apt-get
update" and then after some deep thought "apt-get install vim-tiny".

Nano makes a pretty good bike shed. :-)

Clarke