:: Re: [DNG] Proposed defaults changes
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Klaus Ethgen
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Proposed defaults changes
Am Mi den 15. Jul 2015 um 16:27 schrieb John Crisp:
> On 15/07/15 17:14, Klaus Ethgen wrote:
> >
> > mc respectible mcedit is also a pain in the a... How often did I loose
> > stuff due to the editor.. I have to damit that I used it sometimes 25
> > years ago when I start with linux but i learned pretty fast that it
> > makes you just slow and not to use it...
> >

> Seems the first release was 21 years ago (we all get a little memory
> loss) and I've used it pretty well since then and never lost a file (I
> can't say I am a heavy user). I've recovered plenty of systems with it
> though.

:-D

Well, nearly.. I started playing with linux somewhat around '92 or '93.
far before the version 1.0

However, had some experiences with other unix before and used NC on dos
obviously.

> It's a good tool for some quick navigation around and tickling the odd file.

It was on dos with a limited shell. But with current shells like zsh I
am much faster without and, most important, more flexible and more
safe.

Even though mc is something good for beginners but debian or devuan is
not focusing on beginners and even devuan is focusing on "veteran unix
admins" so vi(m) would be the only proper choice. :-D

Regards
   Klaus
- --
Klaus Ethgen                              http://www.ethgen.ch/
pub  4096R/4E20AF1C 2011-05-16   Klaus Ethgen <Klaus@???>
Fingerprint: 85D4 CA42 952C 949B 1753  62B3 79D0 B06F 4E20 AF1C