:: Re: [DNG] devuan Alpha2 installs ni…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Riccardo Boninsegna
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] devuan Alpha2 installs nicely and works on old Acer amd64
On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 12:19 PM, Dave Turner
<dave_t_turner@???> wrote:
> Are there any instructions on how to use the devuan-baseconf.deb?

Never used it, but AFAIHeard you simply install it, update (and check
if it correctly disabled all Debian (?) repos) , dist-upgrade!

> I have an old iMac
> Booting the iMac from a non-Apple cd is difficult to impossible so I can't try out Alpha2 on it.

Those weird monsters with 32-bit firmware?
I made an unofficial EFI x64 installer (for USB only, not optical drives)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1OGj4xwAe9_YjBBeF84NTk4Wms
If you want, I can try making a 32-bit one...

Or if you want to do it yourself, you could try downloading:
1- my disk image
2- gummibootia32.efi → https://www.archlinux.org/packages/core/i686/gummiboot/
3- x64 kernel sources (may not be required depending on how official
installer kernel is configured)
4- installer ramdisk (from current official ISO)

dd and mount my installer; (find kernel and replace with one that has
32-to-64 stub -- enable all 3 cascaded efistub option in menuconfig),
replace ramdisk with most updated one, find "bootx64.efi" and replace
it with gummibootia32.efi renamed as "bootia32.efi" (or just put it in
the same folder as bootx64)!