:: Re: [DNG] Proposed defaults changes
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Steve Litt
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] Proposed defaults changes
On Wed, 15 Jul 2015 13:34:52 +1200
Daniel Reurich <daniel@???> wrote:

> On 15/07/15 12:59, Franco Lanza wrote:
> > More than the already know switch from gnome to xcfe4 as the default
> > desktop and the obvious change to sysvinit instead of systemd, i
> > would to propose some other default changes in the standard install:
> >
> > nano -> vim:
> No definitely not - Vim is huge in comparison and has a really
> non-intuitive operating mode for those unfamiliar with it, (and I'm
> saying that as a keen vim user).

In nano, how do you cut and paste multiple lines? How do you cut and
paste a few words on a single line? How do you uppercase or lowercase a
selection? How do you even make a selection? I have trouble with nano.

I'm not sure what we're discussing. Are we discussing installing Vim in
the base system? If that's all we're talking about, I could simply
apt-get install gvim right at the beginning, so it's of little
consequence either way to me. Plus, as far as I know, any Debian system
comes with oldschool vi, which I can use until I install Vim.

SteveT

Steve Litt
July 2015 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21