:: Re: [DNG] systemd in wheezy, was: R…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Didier Kryn
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] systemd in wheezy, was: Re: bummer
Le 08/07/2015 21:36, James Powell a écrit :
> Systemd is not the answer to GNU/Linux any more than BusyBox is, and
> by all technicality, systemd is just an unmatured BusyBox.

     James,

     I don't understand what you can see in common between Busybox and
Systemd. They have exactly opposite goals and behaviours.

     Busybox is a rewrite of many of the Gnu applications (util-linux
and much more) and also non-Gnu ones. It is legitimate in free software
that several versions of an application can be available, and Busybox is
one of many free software projects, not less legitimate than Gnu. There
are two things which make Busybox differ from Gnu in the intent: 1) be
POSIX-compatible, with as less extensions as possible, 2) be as small as
reasonably possible.

     The Busybox development community is open and friendly. Their
obsession is to stick to the standard; it's difficult to be more
respectful to the Unix spirit.  There must be a misunderstanding and I
really hope you'll have an opportunity to change your opinion about this
project.

     That said, I fully agree with you that udev is the major weapon the
systemd team is using to lock themselves in the place, and breaking udev
monopoly with vdev is the answer.

     Didier