:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Happy (Bank) Holiday…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Amir Taaki
A: unsystem
Assumpte: Re: [unSYSTEM] Happy (Bank) Holidays - Varoufakian Economics and UBI
my thoughts on this are that we should first get away from the kind of
isolated thinking, instead understanding the totally of the system we
live in which possesses & manages capital for the benefit of a
capitalist class.

secondly that we have to embrace the roughness, that this conveyor belt
system of neutrality is a pipe dream that we want to tear down.

instead what if we wielded capital and didn't use it to support a
capitalist class, but instead invested into social enterprises or
cooperatives that provided their own form of welfare, and drew the
attention of people inside that work for the benefit of their own
neighbourhoods and themselves... whereby people work because they enjoy
what they're doing, where it has a sense of fulfilment rather than blind
unethical work devoid of value simply only because it pays good.

for me this is the root of the problem in this world. and talk of
welfare and economics doesn't encompass everything properly.
our societies are devoid of politics, and we need to inject it heavily
into society like what is happening in rojava.

Devon Read: