:: Re: [DNG] systemd in wheezy, was: R…
Góra strony
Autor: Jaromil
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] systemd in wheezy, was: Re: bummer
On Wed, 08 Jul 2015, T.J. Duchene wrote:

>    The management of many of the binary distributions has fallen to
>    groups of people rather obsessed with driving Linux as a competitor
>    to Windows.

this is exactly how I see it and the reason why projects like GNOME or
GStreamer made me less and less passionate about distro development.
These groups do not really contemplate different needs than theirs (as
if usability would be universal and not at all subjective) and have
managed to hog most visibility as well philantropic streams of resources
in the free and open source software scene. With time becomes obvious
that what they did is not so important as they hoped, for good reasons
being debated here.

Today we need that all those organizations using GNU/Linux as reliable
and ad-hoc infrastructure, not as a shallow and emulative idea of
consumption, get involved in developing and supporting development that
goes into another direction. We need it at Devuan to grow and become
sustainable and we are not the even the only one needing it. Such
concerns need to be communicated and debated around, perhaps not just in
public, but also in the board of professional organizations.

I'm always grateful for all the good prose being contributed in this
place, this also helps not only motivating developers, but also raising
a consciousness that will benefit the F/OSS communities at large.

ciao