:: Re: [DNG] vdev status update: perfo…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: James Powell
To: shraptor, dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] vdev status update: performance, bugfixes, and udev events
Having this news brings us many steps closer to a full udev replacement.

One step closer to shattering the stranglehold of udev forever. I just wish I could be at the Linux Conference when vdev goes RTM and completely shatters the hopes and dreams of systemd. I'd be, or try to be, the first to give Jude a standing ovation, and if Lennart tries his usual interruptions, yell out, "Excuse me, Lennart, sir, but you do us one favor? Sit down and shut up! We came to hear Jude, not some poop throwing monkey!"

No offense to poop throwing monkeys.

-Jim
________________________________
From: shraptor<mailto:shraptor@bahnhof.se>
Sent: ‎7/‎7/‎2015 10:41 AM
To: dng@???<mailto:dng@lists.dyne.org>

On 2015-07-07 17:45, Jude Nelson wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I have the latest news for vdev:
>
> * [EXPERIMENTAL] Vdevd now has actions and helpers that will cause it
> to generate and propagate device events to libudev-compat clients.
> Libudev-compat clients should receive hotplug events as they would
> have with libudev, and they should be able to enumerate devices.
> This means that it should be possible now to run X11 with vdevd and
> libudev-compat, without needing an xorg.conf. To do so, you'll need
> to symlink vdev's /dev/metadata/udev to /run/udev.

CONFIRMED WORKING - a great milestone Jude, F***ing good work!

Both keyboard and mouse working without Xorg.conf :-)

When inserting flash memory sticks they get autodetected and device
nodes created :-)

Question This is working without a value for
/proc/sys/kernel/hotplug so it is not used and
only for udev???