:: Re: [DNG] vdev status update: perfo…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: shraptor
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] vdev status update: performance, bugfixes, and udev events
On 2015-07-07 17:45, Jude Nelson wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I have the latest news for vdev:
>
> * [EXPERIMENTAL] Vdevd now has actions and helpers that will cause it
> to generate and propagate device events to libudev-compat clients.
> Libudev-compat clients should receive hotplug events as they would
> have with libudev, and they should be able to enumerate devices.
> This means that it should be possible now to run X11 with vdevd and
> libudev-compat, without needing an xorg.conf.  To do so, you'll need
> to symlink vdev's /dev/metadata/udev to /run/udev.

CONFIRMED WORKING - a great milestone Jude, F***ing good work!

Both keyboard and mouse working without Xorg.conf :-)

When inserting flash memory sticks they get autodetected and device
nodes created :-)

Question This is working without a value for
/proc/sys/kernel/hotplug so it is not used and
only for udev???