Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] bummer
On Mon, 06 Jul 2015 09:05:10 -0500
Stanley Webb <swebb@???> wrote:

> I wish I never installed Jessie, I wish I could reinstall Wheezy.
> Could Devuan, set up wheezy repos till your first stable release?
>
> Just a thought
> Stan

Hi Stanley,

I can't possibly answer that question, but perhaps, just maybe, you
could use Manjaro OpenRC to tide you over until Devuan is in
production. It's a little glitchy, but nothing earthshaking.

Please understand that Manjaro is a rolling release, so your
Manjaro backups need to be bare metal backups.

I'm using Wheezy in anticipation of Devuan, but my Wheezy has a
horrible case of bit rot, and I really need to move on. So I might
temporarily move to Manjaro OpenRC myself, and in fact in my case (I
don't recommend this for others), I might use an alternate init like
runit, s6, Epoch, or Suckless Init plus Daemontools on it (I'm no more a
fan of OpenRC than I am of Sysvinit, but that's just a personal thing).

HTH,

SteveT

Steve Litt
July 2015 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21