:: Re: [DNG] ZFS root help needed.
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Roger Leigh
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] ZFS root help needed.
On 05/07/2015 00:38, James Powell wrote:
> Hey guys. I know this is out of the norm, and yes I know all about the
> CDDL, Btrfs, and other things, but I'm working with ZFS and need some help.
>
> I'm try to get my root file system which is at mountpoint=legacy with
> zpool ztank/linux/root dataset able to boot with the kernel.
>
> I have spl and zfs built into the kernel with spl and zfs 0.6.4.2
> against linux-4.1.1, and I'm booting with syslinux.
>
> I don't know what to set on the APPEND line for the kernel options to
> make my zfs zpool readable by the kernel to boot the system. I also am
> uncertain as to what to set my fstab as though currently is it set to
> the zpool dataset at / with file system type ZFS in rw mode.
>
> Does anyone have any experience in this area to help me out?

I've only used ZFS root on FreeBSD; I've not set up booting from ZFS on
Linux myself.

Did you work through
https://github.com/zfsonlinux/pkg-zfs/wiki/HOWTO-install-Ubuntu-to-a-Native-ZFS-Root-Filesystem
at least for ideas?    Note the "mountpoint" and "bootfs" properties in
particular--mountpoint=legacy is probably wrong; you don't need entries
in fstab for zfs, and this is likely to be particularly important during
early boot.  It also gives guidance for configuring GRUB.

Regards,
Roger