:: [DNG] ZFS root help needed.
Top Pagina
Auteur: James Powell
Aan: dng@lists.dyne.org
Onderwerp: [DNG] ZFS root help needed.
Hey guys. I know this is out of the norm, and yes I know all about the CDDL, Btrfs, and other things, but I'm working with ZFS and need some help.

I'm try to get my root file system which is at mountpoint=legacy with zpool ztank/linux/root dataset able to boot with the kernel.

I have spl and zfs built into the kernel with spl and zfs 0.6.4.2 against linux-4.1.1, and I'm booting with syslinux.

I don't know what to set on the APPEND line for the kernel options to make my zfs zpool readable by the kernel to boot the system. I also am uncertain as to what to set my fstab as though currently is it set to the zpool dataset at / with file system type ZFS in rw mode.

Does anyone have any experience in this area to help me out?

Many thanks,
Jim

Sent from my Windows Phone