:: Re: [DNG] Sound (Was: My experienc…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Ста Деюс
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] Sound (Was: My experience with Devuan Alpha2)
Доброго времени суток, Gregory.

Спасибо за ответ, Fri, 3 Jul 2015 13:08:50 -0700, вы писали:
> Believe me, I would if I could. However, unless I'm missing something,
> this isn't as simple as you suggest:
>
> 1. As far as I know, gnome and xfce are the only two GUI environments
> which have a screen reader, orca.
>
> 2. I heard a few years back that KDE were developing their own AT-SPI
> and screen reader. I tried KDE on jessie in a virtual machine when I
> was playing with jessie/systemd, but got no speech. So, I assume that
> KDE hasn't gotten their act together yet as far as accessibility; at
> least not in the version included with jessie.
>
> 3. As far as I know, all the other window managers mentioned here are
> based on x, and xorg doesn't currently provide a screen reader of its
> own, neither do the mentioned managers.
>
> I'd love to do everything in the text console, but some things are
> lacking there, such as a useable modern web browser for example. I
> went over to the GUI on GNU/linux a number of years ago in the hopes
> of being to dump M$ windows, but that's not possible yet, even though
> enormous progress has been made with orca during that time. It isn't
> my intent to complain here. I just want to explain why going with a
> lighter desktop isn't an option for me at the moment as far as I know.

You have not to appologise for the software you use! :o)

I understand that circumstances differ ans each of us have to go
accordingly. You just didn't mention your circumstances before ny
advice.

But i still do not understand the value of the reader from what i have
read in the gnome-orca package description. -- As i understood it
associates events of keys pressing and app.s running some scripts to
respond to that. -- If it was correct, then why you just not use
hot-keys of your beloved window manager and some kind of demon that
watches those events from the app.s in case it signals some way? --
Another option is looking for something similar as ready solution - may
package it yourself, etc.

Currently, i, myself, moving from the remnants of «KDE» -- for now
most close in functionality and usability to those. -- Then it will be
no matter any more for me as what a developer of an app.s has chosen to
destroy his wonderful ever app. -- i just change it for alternative --
thus, being on functionality, and not the app. itself -- or, choosing
functionality, and not the app. itself.

And that's how things should be: standarts -- the end unser just
chooses what better in his opinion does its work.

Whereas as long as you are bound to the overhelming DEs -- you risk to
suffer fiasko one day w/ their new and wonderful decisions -- who knows
what will they do? -- And you have no option (for it is almost whole
OS to you).

С уважением,
Ста.